The last two weeks have been very busy for Taylor and I. In fact, the two week gap between our last post and today is the longest we’ve gone without blogging since we launched STM in summer 2013! Between holiday visitors, celebrations and vacation time, we’ve been spending a lot of time away from the screen. Here are some of the highlights:
- Taylor and I were both accepted into Way Too Cool 50k through the lottery. WTC is one of the most popular ultras in the country – it’s known for being a “fast” 50k, and part of the race is on the Western States trail – Cool indeed.
- I was named to Golden Gate Triathlon Club’s ambassador team for the 2015 season. I will have more to share about this soon, and I’m looking forward to representing one of the biggest and strongest triathlon clubs in the country next season.
- My family flew in for the holidays from New York and we enjoyed a sunny NorCal Christmas for the first time. Of course, no trip would be complete without sweating through Marin County, and we all summited Mt. Tam the day after Christmas.
- Taylor and I are running Brazen Racing’s New Year’s Day trail half at Lake Chabot tomorrow to ring in the 2015. We’re super excited that my aunt, uncle and cousins will be joining us all the way from New Zealand!
- On a somber note, we were victims of a break-in and all three of my bikes were stolen out of our garage while we were in Hawaii. I’ve since replaced my triathlon bike and am hoping to get a new road bike soon. If you’re reading this and don’t have homeowner’s or renter’s insurance, stop reading and sign up for a policy now.
Although North Face 50 miler/50k put us down for a couple weeks, both Taylor and I are easing back into our regular routines ahead of our 2015 training cycles. 2014 was a healthy, happy and fruitful year – the final tally includes PRs in the 10k, 13.1, 26.2 (road and trail) 50k, 50 mile, and Half Ironman distances along with 4 trips to the podium. Thanks for reading this year and we’re looking forward to going bigger in 2015!